Saturday, February 8, 2014

What To Name Me?


I am at a loss to come up with an appropriate name for my little baby throw.


The free pattern is called "Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blanket".   

But that's not a cute name for a baby throw.  

This morning I was showing it off to my Hubby and he said it reminded him of a Navaho blanket.  


That's when I thought maybe I could call it "Night & Day" or "Setting Sun".  

I like those names but for the life of me I can't think of something more appropriate for a baby throw.

What do you think?

I found a stitch in one of my old crochet books, "The Pattern Library CROCHET" that looks similar to this pattern called "Brick stitch".

Don't you just love crochet with all the different stitches?  


I just have the edging left to do on this little throw.  

I've single crocheted in the orangy yarn all the way around before I almost ran out of that color of yarn.  

I'm not sure if I have enough of the cream yarn left to do another round.  

I do have more black yarn.  

So I may have to use black yarn to finish her up. 


I think it will make a nice car seat baby blankie.  

It's a very solid weave with no holes for tiny fingers to catch in.  

It's a gift for a neighbor who just had a baby girl.   

The sex of her baby was a secret - if I had known I may have used more girly colors. 


Off to do a little hooking and finish this baby up.  

I'll share my color row selection pattern when it is all done.

Check out my Ravelry page for more details (here).

The joy of this pattern is there are few ends to weave in because you carry the yarn along the side edge as you crochet the rows.  

I.LOVE.IT!


PS - I'm feeling so much better.  The muscle spasms in my back (and side) finally stopped - it took two full days for the soreness to go away.    

7 comments:

  1. Looks yummy - it reminds me of candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that name Kim…"Candy Corn"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a "Setting Sun" to me. To "baby" it up you could call it "Sleepytime Sun".
    Whatever you name it, it's lovely!
    Sorry to hear you have had some back pain. UGH!!! :(((
    Get all better,
    XoXo,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blanket! Very unusual stitch. I am your newest followe.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a really beautiful stitch, Sandy. xo

    ReplyDelete