Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Another Perfect Summer Day


Two beautiful summer days in a row.
  

How lucky!  

We don't have perfect days like this...low humidity and dew point.  

We turned the AC off last night and slept with fresh air flowing through our windows.  

And today we left the AC off and threw our windows and doors open.
  

I'm sitting out on our screened in porch because I can't pass this lovely weather up. 

It's the perfect day to hang laundry out on the line.

Except we can't have a clothesline - it's against our Homeowners Rules!

How stupid is that?


 Too soon it will be hot and muggy again. 

Do you have a Summer Bucket List? 

I can check off a few...at least we went for a bike ride today and I had a root beer float the other night and last night we had ice cream squares for dessert.   

(And I counted my calories and didn't exceed my daily allowance!) 

I don't think I can do cartwheels anymore but I sure did love doing them when I was a little girl.   


We took another short bike ride around our subdivision this morning.

I went 1.78 miles!  

We're taking it nice and slow to build up our endurance. 


And this week I tried out my Grand Hoop on my embroidery machine stitching out this cute Red Work clothes on the laundry line design. 


 I plan to frame it but I may add some words to it like these....



Oops, that's not what I was looking for but it's so funny I have to share!






Here we go...it would be fun to add some cute summer sayings like these at the top of the red work.

I would have to practice sititching it out and pray I get the spacing and placement right.

What do you think?

Should I go for it?

SUMMER SAYINGS!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Sandy!

    We have been having wonderful weather where I live also. I have been walking - in this weather I can walk forever.

    I love your blog banner. It is so cheerful and inviting! Yes! Summer sayings at the top of the red work would be adorable!

    Happy Summer!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I think you are celebrating summer the way it should be celebrated!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy, I love that red work, please tell be where you found the download. In a time when our planet is looking at saving energy and living green, it is ridiculous to have rules against clotheslines. What is the matter with them? I know that some people think that clotheslines are ugly, but I believe the folks that find beauty in clothes blowing in the fresh air out number those that don't. To me it is a thing of beauty and by your lovely red work, I would say it is to you, too.
    Have a lovely summer day.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I'm adding you to my right column list of embroidering sister bloggers, with a link to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete