Friday, June 7, 2013

RV Rally Cape May, NJ

We 're camping close to home for this RV Rally - just a short two hour drive south to Cape May, New Jersey...in the rain.  We're set up at our campsite and just finished lunch.  This is a pretty campground.  Lots of trees and shade with level gravel sites and concrete picnic pads.

Yesterday I went to my local sewing store to use one of my coupons before it expired.  While there I bought two CDs filled with beautiful Christmas and Winter Red Work embroidery designs.

There so many applications for these designs - tea towels, quilts, table runners, pillows and even framed embroidery as I have done previously.   

I love this Winter scene of the cute bird skating in the frozen bird bath.  

And how cute is this Christmas mug of hot chocolate?

I'm taking a break from crocheting pin cushions...finally.   Although I'll admit I want to make two more for me.  

This is the project I brought with me this weekend. I love this colorful pattern for a Small Treasure Purse with African Flower.  I have similar colors to the pattern in my cotton yarn stash.  This is my first time crocheting an African Flower.  

It would be a cute gift for my grandniece who just turned two in May.  

We're just relaxing in our Little Guy while it rains - heavy and hard - me crocheting and blogging and Hubby reading.  They are serving pizza for supper tonight at the Rally. So it's a no cook night for me.  Yea!

5 comments:

  1. I love the flags on the trees, Sandy. It must be so cozy in the RV. Friday night is pizza night all over, it seems. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cape May is so beautiful. I especially love the old Victorian homes. Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like such fun! Hope you are having a good time and get sunny days soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I love your van can you tell me about it? We are looking to purchase a camper or rv. But cant make up our minds on what to buy. Or just give me the highlights:) Thanks I love your blog and all your adventures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the redwork designs...so adorable!

    ReplyDelete