Saturday, June 30, 2012

Crazy About Red, White and Blue

I am working on my bird embroidery but....


I've been inspired....


And because I can't embroider at night (too dark) and I'm missing keeping my hands busy while watching TV.


I keep thinking about these adorable patriotic flag pillows I'm seeing on Pinterest.


Then I remembered when sorting through my bed linens I found a rectangular pillow that would be perfect for a stars and stripes pillow cover.


Next step was gathering together the patriotic colors of yarn. 

 Yep, I have those too. 

 I'm on a roll.


Aren't these the cutest feet! 

 No, they aren't mine. 

 Shucks...


Wouldn't the back of the pillow cover be stunning in a pattern like these petals?


Maybe you will be inspired by one of these free crochet projects.

I think I will be busy tonight. 

 I have no pattern to follow for my pillow cover but...

 I should be able to come up with something that will look halfway decent.  

At least so one can tell it's a flag!

(all photos from Pinterest except the one of my pillow form and yarn)



Have a wonderful 4th of July week!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I am sure you will come up with another cute pillow. Hope you are staying cool! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped by to say hello. I don't always comment but enjoy your posts. Stay Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful inspirational post, lovely images.;)) Happy 4th of July to you dear Sandy.;))
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete