Saturday, May 12, 2012

Camping in Ohio


We're staying at a campground in Grafton, Ohio while we visit with our brothers.


This afternoon we're attending our grandniece's 1st birthday celebration.


Across the street from our campground is the site of Belden School where I attended 6th grade a long time ago. The school had sat empty for many years and was torn down two years ago. 

 This building was formerly Eaton School - I went there from 3rd to 5th grade.


Yesterday on our way back to the campsite Hubby drove by my parents home from 1960 through 1979.  

I was pleased to see it is being taken well care of for a 52 year old house! It looks the same as when I lived there.

My dad planted the huge maple trees in the backyard decades ago! 


Lots of memories in this home...I graduated from high school, college and married while living my parents lived here.


The theme for our grandniece's birthday is Mickey Mouse! 

 I will be at "home" with this Disney theme.

I'm wearing my Mickey Mouse earrings!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy, it was nice taking a trip down Memory Lane with you! It must be wonderful to have the camper and just go where you have to go/want to go and have a little bit of "home" with you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to see others using their older pieces of art. That is very pretty and I'm sure there are lots and lots of hours of labor and love in it.

    ReplyDelete