Thursday, December 29, 2011

What a Wonderful Christmas!

Our new single server Keurig coffee maker!

We had a wonderful Christmas in Ohio celebrating with our brothers and their families.  

But, alas, no snow.  

Bummer!

However, even without snow it was a fantastic five days.

We are so fortunate to have a very loving family.  

And, boy, do they treat us special!

The most delicious meals...from prime rib to turkey...breakfasts, lunches and dinners...we ate well enjoying everyone's company.

Our only complaint...the time went by too quickly.

Gosh, I love our new single coffee server!  Hubby doesn't drink coffee or tea but he made sure we had some hot chocolate K-cups so we both could enjoy drinking hot chocolate on those cold, winter nights.  We bought a small sampling of different kinds of K-cups (coffee and tea) to try before buying more.  So far, I like the light roast coffees the best.  

Our new iPhones 4S

We've been "playing" with our new iPhones.  These tech gadgets are fantastic.  We got unlimited texting and my poor Hubby has been getting nonstop texts from me.  I've been loading the cutest apps too.

Our adorable grand niece, Hailey
We finally got to see our cute new grand niece, Hailey!  


I just finished giving Lucas, our grand nephew, his bottle.

Lucas is the happiest baby!  

He was smiling all day but I think he's getting sleepy now.


I love this stuff..."Christmas Crap"...a great snack!
My sister-in-law, Jane, made "Christmas Crap" for all of us.  

Yummy!

Update:  Here's the recipe from Jane!


CHRISTMAS CRAP


2 cups Rice Chex cereal
2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
2 cups Corn Chex cereal
2 cups Cheerios cereal
1 cup salted peanuts
1 cup mini pretzels
1/2 lb. M&Ms
about 1 and 1/4 lb. white chocolate

Mix everything together except white chocolate.  Melt white chocolate and pour over mix.  Mix to coat.  Pour onto wax paper and let set.  Make a thin layer so it's easy to break up.

(Note:  My Sister-in-law advises that she reduces this recipe by half because it makes an humongous amount!)


The individual pretzels shown with the hershey kisses and M&Ms is another recipe.  You can find that recipe here.  



Teacup Lane's Christmas Living Room.
After returning from Ohio we celebrated our Christmas at Teacup Lane. 

 Thanks sweetie for treating me like a queen.  I love you!  

This has been the best Christmas (and they all have been great)!

  Now I can really relax and enjoy the Christmas decorations.  I know there are many bloggers out there already putting their Christmas decorations away.  But not here at Teacup Lane.  We leave it all up into the middle of January or even later.  One year, while still working, it was February before we took it all down.


Vintage Snowman
Hubby fixed our vintage Snowman...the light wasn't working...but he got it going again.  

What a great guy!  
He's my "tech guy".  

Always fixing my computer for me and now we've added our iPhones to his list. 

I hope all of you had a most wonderful Christmas with your families.

Love, hugs and magical wishes for happiness to all of my blogging friends!

Here's to a fantastic 2012 for all of us. 

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely Blog! Popped in via scottys-place.blogspot.com/ and so glad I did. I was intrigued with the "Christmas Crap" snack. Any chance for a recipe? Looks delish. Thank you for sharing all your lovely photos and
    Happy New Year
    Ren in Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iphone and single cup coffee. You are good to go for the new year. I so had those on my list, but will settle for a new wide angle lens for my Canon. Wasn't Santa nice....

    Any who... no snow here yet too... It's really weird. But, at least we had a nice white Christmas in Denver with family. But, I for one am ready to sit and stare at a quiet wall for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy!
    I think it has been forever since I've visited your blog... I have no idea why not...but either way...
    Loved seeing pictures of the Grands! sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.We did. I'm blessed in more ways than I can count.

    Have a great start to a wonderful new year.
    Love that vintage Snowman light...I remember those. so cute.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas. Wishing you a bright and happy New Year and all good things in 2012. I agree about the decorations, why put up such lavish stuff only to take it down before New Years?? Don't quite get it unless, I was a snow bird leaving home for warmer places. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI - I posted the recipe for the Christmas Crap on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that new iPhone too Sandy, got it the day it was released and I love mine. I don't do a lot of texting so I don't need the additional texting plan. Here in Homer we have what they call 'bad fringes' as we don't have the power you do there, 3G, so the phone's features do not always work away from my WiFi. Today the last of my Christmas stuff will come down. Nan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for those great recipes! They look delicious! Love all your Christmas decorations especially the vintage snowman. I have a vintage Santa from the 50's that I just love. Have a blessed and joyous new year!

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete