Thursday, July 21, 2011

Red Hot, Hot and Hotter Here!

Border and Edging at white end.

Ripple Granny Type Stitch is called "Storm Clouds".


Red Hot Here...

at least our A/C is working...so I can continue crocheting the border and edging of my Christmas throw...

 ~ Candy Cane ~

First blogged about (here).

Border and Edging at the other red end.

I worked two strands together of Red and White to get the variegated look (two rounds of double crochet).  Now I'm putting two rounds of single crochet in white around the outer edge.  I'll almost out of white yarn though.  

Candy Cane

Working on the border and edging now.

I haven't made up my mind if I will stop at the second round of single crochet in the white or if I will keep going to make the border/edging bigger.  I'll have to get more white and red yarn to continue.

When I am finished with Candy Cane I will post another photo of the throw so you can see the pattern I worked up in red and white.


Too darn hot!

It's just horribly hot here and will be even worst tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday at 102 and 101 degrees F.  

We had to go out in our garage tonight and transfer our meats still frozen in our freezer there to our kitchen refrigerator/freezer.  The heat was too much in the garage and the freezer was starting to lose it's ability to keep the food frozen.  We saved some stuff but had to throw out some too.  That's the first time that has happened to us in eleven years with having a separate freezer in the garage.  

I hope your evening is going better than ours and that you are escaping this horrible heat.

Keep Cool!


Please join me for:
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
                                Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday
 Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show of Your Cottage Monday


5 comments:

  1. I love it. It's so Christmas-ie. Makes me feel a little cooler thinking about it and looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only word I can think to describe the weather here too is.......GROSS..... We hit 98 this afternoon, before the heat index. It's now 9pm and we just got down to 89.

    On a happier note, I love the RED and WHITE, so, so fun. Great job.

    Hopefully, we will cool off a little tomorrow, but I'm guessing what we had today is headed your way. Stay in and Stay Cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this heat wave to come to an end, I worry about power outages. Your candy cane throw is coming along nicely, I still can't think of yarn til it is at least 30 degrees cooler. :) xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I wish I had the talent to knit/crochet a beautiful item such as this.

    ReplyDelete